The Rectory or Priest’s house in Dorchester-on-Thames, now known as Bridge House, was originally the Dower House for Overy Manor. It was built in 1802 and a succession of dowagers lived there until 1849 when the church was built and the house became the Priest’s House. A succession of priests have lived in the house ever since. In the last fifteen years the house has undergone renewal and restoration. It is a listed building, Grade II*, and thus deserves and has received the very best expert attention.